Try this delicious Oriental Mackerel and Rice recipe as a packed lunch and eat cold.
- Per Recipe 4½
- Per Serving 4½
- Serves 1
Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 305
Freezing: Not recommended
- 50 g (1¾ oz) long-grain rice
- 4 baby sweetcorn, each cut in half
- 1 tablespoon frozen peas
- 25 g (1 oz) cooked smoked mackerel fillets with crushed peppercorns
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Soya sauce, to taste
- Cook the rice in boiling water; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweetcorn and peas until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the fish and flake the flesh.
- When the rice and vegetables are cooked, mix together and place in a bowl. Top with the spring onion and fish. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and season to taste with soy sauce.